Home Forums General CHRISTIANS AND DEPRESSION Reply To: CHRISTIANS AND DEPRESSION

Thanks so much @matthew for raising this question. I will like to respond to this question from my own personal experience. I am fully convinced without a doubt that I am a child of God, born-again, tongue-talking, firebrand and led by the Spirit of God –to the glory of God but do I have momentary sessions in my life where I am sad, not happy, moody, just want to do nothing and stay by the TV and just take ice cream–Yes I do and what do I do in those times where I feel down–I listen to messages and get encouraged and motivated to get up. Look into the scripture to see what the word of God says about my current situation and I gain back strength in my core via renewal of my mind by meditating on the scripture.

Sometimes if my reason for sadness is due to the negative thoughts that slip into my mind and for one reason or the other I allow it to grow and then I found myself pondering on it to the point that it is affecting my mood, then in this case I sing and speak in tongues because I know the enemy is playing with my mind and I need to get out of the trap that I have already fall into and I always escape. Thank you Jesus.

You know what most of us work in a very challenging and highly demanding field and we have to face insecurities and doubts of different kinds every day, the only thing that has been helping me thus far is my prayer altar. Many things are settled when I approach His presence, pour out my heart, and cast my cares on him. He has come through for me several times from being a rejected stone to a chief cornerstone and He carries my cares and gives me stability, stamina, and strength in the midst of it all. I have found myself in situations that break many and stop tem from moving forward but with God, on my side, I came out without a scratch on me and my spirit remains unbroken.

So, family, you are not alone and I have not seen a born-again Christian that do not feel momentary sad but our response is what matters and it determines whether we remain down or we stand up. Haven’t said that please if you are having a suicidal thought, please do not keep quite, talk to a Christian counselor and spiritual mentor or pastors and confess the word of God daily and listen to the word of God. It is well with you family.

Thanks @matthew for this question once again.🤗🤗

Here are some of my anchor scriptures;

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7 NIV

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6 NIV

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7 NIV